Tuesday, June 9, 2009

NY Chairs

I forgot I had taken these pictures.

While I was in NY I snapped a few shots of some chairs at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Brooklyn Museum. There was tons of furniture there but most was crazy ornately carved/upholstered/gilded european stuff. There was a few interesting plywood chairs though.


The plaque on this chair just said 'Ray Komai. Side Chair 1949' but I looked it up on the museum's website:

www.brooklynmuseum.org/research/luce/object.php?id=155417

At the MET there was a display that shows how their artifacts are stored and cataloged, and in that display there were a bunch of interesting chairs with no details whatsoever. Unfortunately the chairs I was trying to take pictures of were up on the top shelf, so I had to hold the camera up over my head, and flash photography is strictly prohibited. Anyway, here's the couple of pictures that sort of turned out... sort of.



1 comment:

LORD GODFREY said...

The bottom one is the Eames LCW. You can get knock offs of it for $220. I am getting two for my living room as soon as I finish a job.

The others are cool too.