Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Oil and lasers!

I buggered around tonight getting things ready for installation. I established a level line on my wall that represents the bottom of my wall cabinets. Unfortunately my house is sitting on an unlevel foundation, so the whole house slopes a couple inches in 30 feet. I can't really build the cabinets out of level though, cause I don't want the eggs rolling off the counter.


The whole un-level thing has been an issue during this entire project, so when I was building the stairs in the house I bought a self-leveling laser to establish a reference line. The thing is worth its weight in gold! I started at the high point in the floor, made a tick at the appropriate height, then set the laser level at the same height. To avoid a bunch of pencil ticks on the fresh paint I used blue tape to draw the line on the wall.


My lovely assistant Mandy gave me a hand with finishing, although I had to bribe her with beer. She was good help, and made the process go much quicker, although she giggled madly whenever I said 'tung oil'.

4 comments:

jbreau said...

wow, chicks in the blog. ian's got nothing on you.

Cody said...

Cool hey? I'm thinking of inviting all the good looking girls I know to help me finish my cabinets. Then I'll make a calender. 'Wooden Nickel Women'

LORD GODFREY said...

Why are you naked in your reflection in the window Cody?

Cody said...

Why do you think Mandy's laughing? My nudity causes laughter in the ladies...